Bar owners are going to run into their fair share of issues. Fortunately, there are always solutions to problems that plague your business. AmeriMerchant, a leading provider of alternative small business capital, has been working with bars and nightclubs like yours for over decade and we know the difference between succeeding and failing in the service industry. Running a bar or nightclub requires a lot of hard work and good decision making, so we’ve laid out five points of advice for your bar to follow:
1. Responsibility: As a bar owner it’s up to you to understand and maintain the local laws and licensing requirements. Also, it’s important that your staff is aware when it comes to serving alcohol responsibly and cutting patrons off when they’ve had too much to drink.
2. Well-trained staff: Training your staff is paramount to running a successful bar. Bartenders who are experts at running a bar and understand customer service will do a lot of good for your establishment especially when it comes to patrons returning.
3. Update your systems: Does your bar use a point of sale (POS) system to process transactions? When nights are busy and multiple patrons are lining up for drinks, having a POS system will help organize orders as well as analyzing inventory.
4. Be unique: If you make your bar or your drink list unique you’ll better your chances of generating reliable customers. Does your bar have a signature drink or menu items customers won’t find anywhere else? Creating signature cocktails will separate your bar from others.
5. Pour levels: Do you monitor the pour levels of the drinks your serve? Inaccurate pouring is one way to lose inventory quickly. If your bartenders are consistently pouring too much, then you may run out of liquor quicker than expected, causing you to lose money in the process. To account for this, make sure your bartenders are properly trained and understand the limitations when it comes to making drinks in your bar.
AmeriMerchant has been providing money to bars and nightclubs for over a decade and we want to give your business money, too . If you have any questions or would like to learn more about our small business capital or any of our programs, call us today at 1-800-267-3790.